1753672 Members
5762 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq Proliant & Win2000 Server

Ronald Olds
Occasional Contributor

Compaq Proliant & Win2000 Server

I just purchased a compaq proliant 2500 dual pentium pro processors, 128m ram and 12 gig hard drive. When I install windows 2000 server, it only shows a single processor. I have tried to update the driver to make it a multiprocessor system using both the compaq driver and the standard multiprocessor driver and each time I have, the system locks up at boot. How or what do I need to set this system up for dual processor under windows 2000 server. When the system boots now, it does show the bios initializing 2 processors. Am I doing something wrong or needing to load something else? Any help that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ron Olds
4 REPLIES 4
Frank Kaufman
Honored Contributor

Run the system configuration utility in advanced mode and set "Full table mapped"
Ronald Olds
Occasional Contributor

I am new to win2000, what is the scu and where do I find it?

Reboot the Machine and when the prompt says Press F10 to enter the system configuration utility, This will take you into the SCU
Rob Daniels_1
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem, except mine is with a Proliant 800 server - only after installing the second processor and PPM (dual 600MHz / PIII). After Windows 2000 completes the first stage of installation, the system goes into a reboot loop when it reaches the "Starting Windows" logo screen.

AND HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET INTO ADVANCED MODE?! I've tried CTRL A on every screen possible, and I don't get that option anywhere.