108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq T700 UPS problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Paterson

Compaq T700 UPS problems

Hi
I have purchased and older Compaq T700 UPS to serve my Proliant ML350 (733Mhz) Server.
As soon as I attach a standard 9pin serial cable between the UPS and server the UPS switches the supply power off to the Server and the seever loses power and shuts off instantly - not what the UPS should do!

Is it because I am using a standard serial cable, as I note that the 3000 series UPS model says to use a particular communications cable?

I have installed HP Power Manager v4, but have not got beyond the Configuration stage as it shuts down.

I tried to power up the Server with the cable installed but to no avail.

Incidentally can anyone point me to where I can get a manual for the earlier T700 UPS model? I have the newer model manual but not older.

Many Thanks

Mike Paterson

7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

If you used from 3000 cable 142260-00x, it can't be used with UPS T700 made after 1996

You need different cable 295501-001 or 122922-001 12 ft.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Mike,

The manual for the original T700 UPS is attached together with the cable pinout (If required).

This is a zip file.

I hope this helps,

Brian

Michael Paterson

Kov and Brian: Many thanks for your help on this. Couldn't have asked for more. Now got all I need!

Cheers

Mike Paterson
serra_1

I have a Compaq T1000h UPS, where I can find the origina manual?
the cable pin out is the same of T700?
thank you
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Serra,

1000 Series (Original Compaq Models)Operation and Reference Manual is attached to this reply.

Regards,

Brian
pat woods

I actually want ask a question. Where can I download drivers and softwar for the Campaq T700 power supply?
Thanks for any help
Patrick
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Pat,

Try Poweware's Lansafe 4 or Lansafe 5 products. This works well with the older Compaq UPS models. There should be a supported product listing within the packages but version 4 should be OK.

See the following links.

http://www.powerware.com

http://www.powerware.com/software/downloads.asp

I hope this helps.

Brian