6241 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq UPS R3000 XR is not getting charged up to 25%

KisShore
Advisor

Compaq UPS R3000 XR is not getting charged up to 25%

Hi All,
Really i am not aware of this ups but somebody has informed me ups is not getting charged up to 25%.I need to solve the issue. Please help me in this case what could be the cause. to resolve the issue what Necessary action to be taken,,,please help me :(

Advance In Thanks

Regards
KisShore
4 REPLIES 4
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

Re: Compaq UPS R3000 XR is not getting charged up to 25%

How do you know the UPS is not being charged past 25%? What management SW are you using to view the UPS?
If there is indeed a problem with the UPS then you can call into support and have the batteries replaced (assuming it is still under warranty).
What version of the FW are you running on the UPS? Perhaps making sure you are at the latest would also help.
FW --> http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/hard-firmware.html
KisShore
Advisor

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the reply as you asked about 25% charging of the UPS.
It├в s clearly showing on the front panel, even though to be honestly speaking
I don├в t know how update the firmware of the UPS,
I have to be attend this call please tell me how to update the firmware of this UPS.

Regards
Kishore
Scott Robey
Frequent Advisor

OK, common mistake. The front panel does not show you charge, it shows load. 0-25% is the first LED. This means that you have 25% or less load on the UPS, not the battery charge.

Hope this helps.

Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Scott is correct. The bars on the right of the unit show the current load. You only need to get worried if this is at the 100% mark.

Please see the attached image which explains this.

If your load is currently at 25% you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Brian