5301 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq ml530 BIOS issue

tomg35_1
Occasional Advisor

Compaq ml530 BIOS issue

Hi
I have an old style 530 (not the G series) and i'm trying to access the bios to setup wake on lan.

I press F10 but I keep getting a message that the diagnostics isn't available. I've tried booting from a startsmart cd (Version 5.50) but there doesn't seem to be an option that lets me into the bios (well to make adjustments - there is access to the irq settings).

I've also tried F1 but again nothing happens.
Can anyone assist me in getting into the bios?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

try this floppies

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-UNITY-I13227тМй=en&cc=us&mode=5&

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
tomg35_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your mail.

Sorry to sound thick but which of the 6 files do I download (or do I download all of them)?

Thanks
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

only the first one
sp19619.exe (2.4 MB)

the others are for different laguages
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
tomg35_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply - I'll give that a try.
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Boot on your smart start cd ver. 5.50, and choose System Configuration Utility (SCU).

Then choose configure system

If you need to do some more advanced configuring, you can invoke an advanced setup: When you get the first screen (Menu with blue background) press +

The old Proliants used a hidden system partition for the system configuration Utility, wich had to be installed during server installation, using Smart Start.
The system partition (aka service partition aka F10 partition), also offered some other features than just the SCU

Accept or Kudo

tomg35_1
Occasional Advisor

I tried booting with the CD but got the same results as before (no access to change state of the ethernet card to allow Wake on lan - just the ability to change the irq).

Booting from the floppy disc was slightly n=more productive (in that it gave me more menu options) but nothing to allow me to change the ethernet power options - there was a menu item to change power at start up but this didn't relate, as far as I could see, to ethernet card configuration.