108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq proliant 5000 and smart-2hd problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
Glen Card

Compaq proliant 5000 and smart-2hd problems

G-day
Ok i was doing some simple cleaning and noticed the smart-2hd was sitting a little askew so i removed and reinstalled it no problem. I rebooted and the card was seated wrong i guess so i instantly shut down and reseated it then powered up again. The card will not boot and i cannot access any logical drives I have run the config utility and it reconizes the card but alas cannot write the info to the e16 bios which is apparently located on the drives. I'v been messing all night any help is appreciated. If it's something simple I will be the first to point and laugh at myself. BTW i dropped in a replacement already to no avail. It is no longer being accessed in the boot sequence.
2 REPLIES 2
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Glen,
If the system is recoganizing the controller during POST then you need to update the firmware of the controller and the SP19677 is required for that. If it's not being picked up during POST then move the controller to a different slot and run System configuration via Smart Start CD and make sure that the boot controller order is set to first if you intend to boot from this controller. To download the firmware of the controller please go the following link:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14694.html

For the system BIOS:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7548.html

Regards,
Glen Card

First off thanks for the info. But... I actually tried that and it still didn't work, and as I said if it's something simple... Well I didn't try the one thing I am adamant about doing, this is a bare boot remove all extra hardware and try again and sure enough it worked. It sems the replacement vid card I tried, ATI Rage pro, must steal some resources from the array controller. So it's fixed now and working again. I have stood in front of the mirror and laughed I also pointed for good measure.