Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compaq proliant 5500

JdkDamien
Occasional Visitor

Compaq proliant 5500

Hi,
I'm studying IT, and I bought an old Compaq proliant 5500. However it's not the same as usual pc, I' ve got a problem with my network card=> every Operation System (win2300server, linux, cd_lives-linux) detects my network Card..but it can't communiqe with the router! Even the router auto-DHCP doesn't see this server..and don't give him his IP...
2 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq proliant 5500

Which network card you have on your Proliant 5500? (it maybe NetFlex/Netelligent NIC, NC31xx Fast Ethernet NIC,....)
Do you use drivers from HP site?
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/1108.html?lang=en&cc=us
What do you see in "Network adapters" in Device manager?
JdkDamien
Occasional Visitor

Re: Compaq proliant 5500

there is 3COM 3c905c-TX-M
when I use it in win2003 server it says me that it can't get the IP from DHCP, however cable is ok..and the server DHCP (router) is also ok (other computers in this LAN work well)
that's why I think it might some configuration problem of this server...I've tried it also on ather Network Card (realtek 8139) and the effect was the same)
Win2k3 gives this card his IP but it can't connect to the LAN:(...and this computer disconected to the net is unusefull..