1748252 Members
3996 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuration menus

Jean-Pierre Radley
Occasional Advisor

Configuration menus

On my ML370 G4, I have somehow managed to change something so that when I press after POST, I get a text prompt, "rbsu".

How do I bring back the familiar blue screen of
choices of things to configure?
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean-Pierre,

You appear to have enabled the CLI mode in the BIOS Serial Console/EMS Support settings in the BIOS.

From the RBSU prompt I believe you just type RBSU to run the normal version. You should then be able to go into "BIOS Serial Console/EMS Support" and disable the settings and Interface Mode values.

You may have invoked this console mode if a VT100 or ANSI type dumb terminal is attached to the COMM port of the server. The BIOS checks for attached terminals during POST if the Serial Console setting is enabled. This provides remote RBSU access over a serial link.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Jean-Pierre Radley
Occasional Advisor

Brian, Thanks, but I seem to still be stuck in CLI mode.

Typing RBSU at the rbsu prompt is not a valid command, does nothing. Got another idea?
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean,

http://docs.hp.com/en/306105-005/306105-005.pdf
Pg -> 4-2 (76 of 98)
Type HELP and check if it gives option to exit from CLI mode.

SRH
Jean-Pierre Radley
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the suggestions.

I got back the usual non-CommandLineInterface
mode by typing these six words at the rbsu
prompt:

set config bios interface mode auto

sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean,

Nice to know its back to normal RBSU.
If you feel any of the replies was of help,please check http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#34

SRH
Jean-Pierre Radley
Occasional Advisor

OK, I visited the bit about assiging points here.

BTW: when I choose "reply" on this Froum, I am shown my own original message on the thread. Why am I not shown the message to which I am replying?

[For the record, my name is not Jean.]
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

It'll always show the fisrt message which is the Question/Issue and not the other replies.
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Oops sorry,i think it should show that particular reply if you are the author of the post.
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

How Do I Assign Points?

Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.

SRH