1753521 Members
6425 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configure CL380

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Configure CL380

I am trying to configure a CL380 to run from its CR3500 array only. I cannot configure the server, keep getting error message no drives in array (integrated smartarray). CR3500 array was configured via serial as per manuals.

I do not want to use the integrated smartarray. Help
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The six drive bays at the top of the CL380 are designed to be used as shared storage between the two nodes in this cluster box. Whereas the two bays off to the left of each node are designed to be used as local storage for each individual node. If you are not able to see the shared storage or configure it using the cr3500 utility, try running the SSD to load the driver for Compaq SCSI controllers first. The cr3500 array controller flows through the embedded scsi controller and thus, won't gain functionality through the o/s until the driver for the embedded controller is loaded first.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

You cannot run these servers solely from the Shared storage. The OS MUST BE LOADED LOCALLY to each server. There is no way around this as the CR3500 relies on the OS's SCSI driver to initialize before it can be accessed. This means that the OS must have the Ultra2 driver initalized before it can reach the shared storage. If the OS is on the shared storage, you CANNOT do it.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Clarification to the last sentence in my last posting :: you CANNOT put the OS on the shared storage. PERIOD