1753604 Members
5915 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Configure Memory

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Configure Memory

I have a prosignia 300, with a pentium 120, 16mb memory on board. I want to add 16 megs. I install it in banks 2 and 3, (1 is for the onboard). Can you please tell me what to configure the bios to? i tried extended memory 1-16, 16-208, etc.. i cant figure out how to configure it properly.. the memory is a pair of 8 meg simms.. please, for someone who knows, it seems easy, but i cant figure this out.. nothing seems to work..

Thanks
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Configure Memory

i have a Prosignia 300 server,with 150 CPU.there was 64 mb memory within the on board memory previouslyand there were 2 slots remaining . I just added 64mb memory(32+32) and started the server. At the boot up it detected 130 mb with the additional ones.But it gave an error that is-- 164 memory size error.And it asked to run the "system configuration utility" . But it didn't show the key to open the utility. So when I passed it out to Windows NT,It is detecting only 16mb memory.So please tell me how to go to the system configuration utility and change the memory settings.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The system configuration software to configure the amount of memory is originaly installed in a separate partition on the harddisk. If this partition is missing or corrupt, you can download the software from the download section on the Compaq site. It is possible to reinstall the software in a partition (this might require you to delete and recreate your OS partition) or start it from diskette. I believe the file is called SP17855.exe.

Lammert
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I purchased a Prosignia 300 from a surplus store. it has P90 CPU and 16M onboard RAM. I added 64M ram and running the configuration utility gives me the option of adding it to the extended memory. Here is where my problem is:

The first setting for Extended meory is:
15M
Memory Address 1M
Memory Amount 15M system

The second Extended Memory setting is at:
0M
Memory Address 16M
Memory Amount 0M system

I tried changing the second setting to 64 on the Total

But when rebooting after saving I get a memory error.
Can somebody help me??
Please pretend you're talking to a moron and be simple.

Thanks in advance

Rick