1752790 Members
6304 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Configure a P420 in a DL180 G6 with 12 2TB SATA drives

Just_Karl
Visitor

Configure a P420 in a DL180 G6 with 12 2TB SATA drives

I have a DL180 G^ whihc had a megaraid controller, which sees all 12 of my Western Digital RE4 WD2003FYYS 2TB SATA drives, but which 1) won't do Raid 6 and 2) was giving me in the neighborhood of .21 MB/s throughput.

So, I bought an "Amazon Refurbished" P420 with 1GB cache, but that would never load the raid config, which the manual claims should load automatically as there are more than 5 (or is it 6?) drives.

I returned that for a replacement, which dis the same thing, so I returned that and bought a "new" P420 with the 2 GB cachs, and it's doing the same thing.

My backplane has only one port.

Can I use the P420? If not, is there a controler I CAN use that will allow RAID 6, and provide resonable performance?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: Configure a P420 in a DL180 G6 with 12 2TB SATA drives

P420 controller itself supports Raid 6 however P420 is not a compatible controller with the DL180 G6 server. Please do refer to the compatible controllers for the server:-

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c01713700#N107F7

Specs of P420:-

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04111534

Hence we recommend you to use the compatible controllers and compatible drives with the server and listed in the option parts.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Just_Karl
Visitor

Hello,

I know it's not supported. It's also not supported in the DL 380 G6, but it works.

Bunsol
HPE Pro

P420 has not been tested with G6 servers hence it may or may not work. Please test the server with compatible controller and check. If issue persists with compatible controllers then you can get a support ticket logged with us. HPE recommends only use of comaptible parts fromt the option parts list of the server.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo