4478 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configured network team interface not recognized by HP Network

Jonathan Sherry
Occasional Contributor

Configured network team interface not recognized by HP Network

Hi,
I was experiencing serious performance degradation with network teaming on my Exchange server, to the point of DNS issues and mail traffic stopping. I attempted to Dissolve the team interface, and forced a reboot after the software hung up completing this task.

I ended up with a team interface that wouldn't delete. I ran on a single NIC till after hours, and installed the latest Nic drivers and Network Management 8.70. I then re-teamed the NICs and Performance is fine.

The problem is I now have 2 disabled team interfaces that can't be deleted, and 1 working team interface. And when I launch HP Network Configuration Utility, it shows the 2 NICs as being unteamed. I have the option to team, but not unteam. The workgin team interface shows as a 2gig interface.

Any ideas how I can get this back in line?

Thanks,
-jb
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

I'm not 100% sure if this will help in your case but you can try it.

Open device manager and click "View -Show hidden devices". This should reveal devices which are in the registry but may not be configured properly. You may be able to delete these devices from here and then the teaming software will only see the new ones you established.

I had to do a similar thing a while back when a NIC that had been physically removed still owned the IP address and the new system board would not allow it to be freed up.

I hope this helps,

Brian

Rancher
Honored Contributor

You might also try doing this in safe mode.
Jonathan Sherry
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, guys. The extra connections do show up as devices in Device Manager. I will try the uninstall devices option after hours. I will probably uninstall all 3 Teamed connections and reset it up. Hopefully I'll end up with a teamed connection that HP Network Management properly recognizes.

Jonathan Sherry
Occasional Contributor

And this worked great. Thanks again.

-jb