1752801 Members
5472 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Configuring HP Event Notifier on DL380p Gen 8 Running Windows Server 2012

Justin Schwilling
Occasional Contributor

Configuring HP Event Notifier on DL380p Gen 8 Running Windows Server 2012

I am deploying a few Windows Server 2012 servers on HP Proliant DL380p Gen 8 server hardware.  In the past it was pretty simple to configure the HP Event Notifier to send us email alerts on faulty hardware (HDD, fans, power supplies, etc..)  With Windows Server 2012, i am having to jump through all kinds of hoops.

I can get the Event Notification service installed and I am able to configure the Event Notificaiton Wizard if I run the application as administrator.  However when I try to send Test traps nothing is happening.

I have confirmed that my SMTP server is set up to accept relay messages from my Proliant DL380.  I am wondering if there is a guide or any steps on how to set up the hardware alerts for a DL380p Gen 8 in Windows Server 2012, or if anyone has been able to get it to work.

2 REPLIES 2
Justin Schwilling
Occasional Contributor

Re: Configuring HP Event Notifier on DL380p Gen 8 Running Windows Server 2012

I was able to get the test traps to work by running the HP Management Agents fuction in Control Panel as Administrator.  It seems even if UAC is disabled in Server 2012, you need to run the Evnet Notification configuration and the HP Management Agents function as Administrator or you will get access or service not running errors.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Configuring HP Event Notifier on DL380p Gen 8 Running Windows Server 2012

If you want monitoring, you should take a look at HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5.

You can monitor all your servers from a single application, the application will open a case at HP if needed and you are notified by mail.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!