1753447 Members
5044 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuring Remote Insight Board in Windows 2000 Server

Yvo Heunen

Configuring Remote Insight Board in Windows 2000 Server

Hi all,

I'm trying to change the configurations of the remote insight board in our server (mail) without having to reboot the server and press F8 to gain acces to the config menu.

For the older types of these boards there was always a option in the control panel to configure the remote insight board.
But for the newer version (Edition II and the new integrated ILO) I can't find this option.

Do I need to install a seperate tool the configure the board or is it just no longer possible to do this from Windows.

Thanks in Advance,

Yvo Heunen
5 REPLIES 5
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Try this:

Open a Browswer window Internet Explorer or Netscape)

For the URL, type in the IP address of the RILO II card.

Is this what you are looking for?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Yvo,
Here is the Link for RILO-II which may help you out:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt.html

Regards,
Yvo Heunen

Thanks for your help.
I didn't succeed yet to reconfigure the reomte insight board.

The problem I have is that nobody knows the IP adress of the board at the moment. It has been replaced by a HP person but he forgot to setup the IP adress. We don't have DHCP running in our serverroom so the board probely hasn't got an adress. We only noticed it to late :(

We've some older boards of the older version and you can change config of these from the windows control panel. But I can't find this option within the new one.

Best regards,
Yvo
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

If you do not know the DNS name, username & password of the RILOE II card, you will need to access it locally from the F8 RBSU (ROM-Based Setup Utility) option during POST.
ikeloser

I have been able to copy the RIB.cpl from a system using the Remote Insight Board/PCI the %systemroot%\system32 and executed it from there. Once open I have been able to configure the local Insight board.

Ike.