5858 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Configuring iLO on ProLiant DL360 Gen9

JaredKeyes
Occasional Contributor

Configuring iLO on ProLiant DL360 Gen9

Hello Everyone!

My apologizes, as I’m still very new to networks and servers and such. I have two servers whose iLO I'm trying to get running, somewhat unsuccessfully. Here is all the information I’ve gathered so far.

Server 1 is plugged into port 33 of a cisco switch with an Ethernet cable that runs to the iLO port on the back of the server. Server 1 is working correctly. Server 2 is plugged into port 17 of a cisco switch with an Ethernet cable that runs to the iLO port on the back of the server. Server 2 is NOT working correctly.

The first thing I did was switch the ports the servers were plugged into (Server 1 got unplugged from port 33 and plugged into port 17 and Server 2 got unplugged from port 17 and plugged into port 33). I can reach server 1’s iLO from my internet browser whether it is plugged into port 17 or port 33 and I cannot reach server 2’s iLO from my internet browser no matter what port it’s plugged into. So I don’t think it’s a port issue.

The next thing I tried was switching the Ethernet cable of server 1 and server 2. Once again, Server 1 iLO is reachable no matter what cable is used and Server 2’s is not. So I don’t believe it is a cable issue.

All the lights on all the different ports are all green.

Server 1 had previously been configured so all I had to do was change the static IPv4 address and default gateway and we were good to go. Server 2 hadn't been configured so I set up the static IPv4 address and default gateway, turn off the IPv6 settings, made sure the iLO dedicated port box was checked. 

I’m unsure where to look next on my server. Is there possibly a setting I haven't set up yet?

Thanks,

Jared Keyes

5 REPLIES 5
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

Is Port 17 and port 33 in the same vlan?

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

My first suggestion would be to reset the iLO to factory default and plug it into a network that offers DHCP just to verify the iLO is functional. If this goes well, reconfigure with the static information and try again

JaredKeyes
Occasional Contributor

-Erdogan,

Yes, port 17 and port 33 are on the same vlan. If they weren't then server 1 would be unreachable when I swapped ports correct? (Honest question, like I said, still learning.) 

Them being on the same vlan shouldn't create any problems right?

-Jimmy,

I'll definitely give that a try later today and report back what happens.

JaredKeyes
Occasional Contributor

Jimmy,

I reset the iLO and connected it to a network that offers DHCP and still can't connect. Does that mean the iLO is bad? Do I need to get an HP tech onsite?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@JaredKeyes wrote:

Jimmy,

I reset the iLO and connected it to a network that offers DHCP and still can't connect. Does that mean the iLO is bad? Do I need to get an HP tech onsite?

I'd say open a support ticket if you're know you have a good network conenction on the iLO port and the iLO is not picking up an IP address