1751842 Members
5771 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Confirming that the DL580 “node memory interleaving” is disabled

ironmantom
Occasional Contributor

Confirming that the DL580 “node memory interleaving” is disabled

Where in the BIOS after post can you confirm “node memory interleaving” is disabled? Is this already done by default in a brand new system out of the box?

1 REPLY 1
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Confirming that the DL580 “node memory interleaving” is disabled

Hi,

As far as I know these options are for AMD rather than Intel based servers.

Under RBSU:

Power Management Options > Advanced Power Management Options > Memory Interleaving
This feature modifies the level of interleaving for the memory system configuration. Typically, higher levels of memory interleaving result in maximum performance. However, reducing the level of interleaving can result in power savings.

My understanding is Memory Interleaving is Full Interleaving by default.

Advanced Options > Node Interleaving

Node Interleaving disables the NUMA architecture properties of the system. All operating systems supported by this platform support NUMA architectures. In most cases, you can obtain optimum performance by disabling Node Interleaving. When this option is enabled, memory addresses are interleaved across the memory installed for each processor. When this option is enabled, some workloads may see improved performance.

My understanding is Node Interleaving is Disabled by default.

Hope this helps.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo