ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748103 Members
4743 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connecting to remote console on a DL380 G5 from macOS

geirgpw

Connecting to remote console on a DL380 G5 from macOS

I got hold of a decomissioned DL380 G5 which I'm setting up as a home lab and have some issues figuring out how to take advantage of the remote console offered by ILO 2.

Using a Mac my options seem limited to using the Remote Console Java Applet - which is a problem when all browser except IE have recently dropped support for Java Applets.

Does anyone have a solution to accessing the remote console on this server, from a Mac?

Thanks

/Geir

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Connecting to remote console on a DL380 G5 from macOS

Hi,

iLO2  doesn't support macOS.Please go with the below link for more clarification.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/405921/Hp-Ab500a-Integrated-Lights-Out-Advanced.html?page=13

Supported browsers and client operating systems:

Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7
HP supports Microsoft® JVM and SUN Java™ 1.4.2_13. To download the recommended JVM for your system configuration, refer to the HP website .(http://www.hp.com/servers/manage/jvm).
Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6 with Service Pack 1 or later
This browser is supported on Microsoft® Windows® products
HP supports Microsoft® JVM and SUN Java™ 1.4.2_13. To download the recommended JVM for your system configuration, refer to the HP website.

Firefox 2.0
This browser is supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 and Novell Linux Desktop 9.
HP supports Microsoft® JVM and SUN Java™ 1.4.2_13. To download the recommended JVM for your system configuration, refer to the HP website
Certain browsers and operating system combinations might not work correctly, depending on the
implementation of the required browser technologies.

Supported server operating system software

iLO 2 is an independent microprocessor running an embedded operating system. The architecture ensures
that the majority of iLO 2 functionality is available, regardless of the host operating system.
For graceful host operating system shutdown, HP SIM integration requires health drivers and Management
Agents or remote console access.
iLO 2 provides two interface drivers:
iLO 2 Advanced Server Management Controller Driver (health driver)—Provides system management
support, including monitoring of server components, event logging, and support for the Management
Agents.
iLO 2 Management Interface Driver—Enables system software and SNMP Insight Agents to
communicate with iLO 2.
These drivers and agents are available for the following network operating systems:
Microsoft®
Windows® 2008 Server
Windows® 2008 Advanced Server
Windows Server® 2003
Windows Server® 2003, Web Edition
Windows® Small Business Server 2003 (ML300 series)
Windows Vista®
Red Hat
RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 (x86)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 (AMD64/EM64T)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 (AMD64/EM64T)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (x86)
RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (AMD64/EM64T)
SUSE
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (x86)
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server (AMD64/EM64T

SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo