ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751707 Members
5169 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Conrep not working on DL380 G3

kevin dunn_1

Conrep not working on DL380 G3

I've got the latest version of conrep (26/02/2003) but it reports it doesn't support this type of server !

If conrep is no longer supported what is it's replacement for replicating configs and setting boot order etc.?
6 REPLIES 6
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Hell Kevin,

I tested this on a DL380G3 with ssst 1.9 and 2.1 version of conrep and didn't find any problems at all.

Are you sure you are using a real DOS version and not a windows DOS bootable disk?

I attached the 2.1a version configuration.

Best regards, Jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

I have the same error reported back to me when I attempt to access the configuration file from a network share. If I keep the SSTK and config files on a separate floppy, and run from the floppy disk, it runs without any errors. I have tried running from the network with and without EMM386 support, but no luck there either.

kevin dunn_1

Thanks for your help guys but I've just worked out what the problem is. I'm running a PCI/AGP bus sniffer to pick the PCI signature of NIC's which is causing my problem with conrep.

If I step through my autoexec.bat I can get conrep to work until pci.exe is loaded then it refuses to work.

That's a bit of a problem for me but I'll have to work round it.
Charles Nusbaum

Kevin: Did you figure out what to do with your PCI/AGP sniffer to make ConRep play nice with it? I'm having a similar issue here. Thanks!
kevin dunn_1

In response to Charles.

Every time the PCI/AGP sniffer ran it stopped conrep running. Within my scripting I had to run the sniffer and redirect the output to a file, reboot the server, read the sniffer output from the file, then run conrep.

I simply couldn't get conrep to run after the sniffer.

Hope this helps
Charles Nusbaum

Kevin,

After additional testing, I realized that I was using an older version of the utility that we wrote to scan the PCI bus. The newer version plays nice with ConRep. I'm not sure what the differences between versions are--I wasn't part of the team that wrote it--but it appears that ConRep will work fine with our newer version.