ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748126 Members
3272 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Constant Errors in Insight Mgr.

Stephen Dorinski

Constant Errors in Insight Mgr.

I am getting constant Stop errors in Insight manager and every other stop error or so I get an ASR. I am getting Stop 0x50, Stop 0xA and Stop 0x24 errors. The server seems to reboot during my nightly backup which causes it to fail. If this has happened to anyone before on anyone knows how to fix it, please help!
\THANKS
3 REPLIES 3
Marc Eastburn
Advisor

Re: Constant Errors in Insight Mgr.

We once had a problem like this, the problem was that our AntiVirus scanner and our backup app were trying to access the same file or directory at the same time.

The ASR would be normal for a server that is not responding, sometimes the ASR sees the server as down, other times Windows has rebooted the server before the ASR time is exceeded
Stephen Dorinski

I seems to ASR only during our backup. We upgraded the backup software and that didn't work. We virus scan at 9pm and run the backup at 1am. The two are never running together. Although the next step we ned to take I think is upgrading our AV software. Hopefully that is the issue.
Still open for more suggestions though!!!
Thanks!
Gert Luyten
Respected Contributor

This is why with the new ASR-2 (found in G2/3 servers) you can change the time-out timer to at least 30 min. instead of only 10 on older servers.
A Proliant a day keeps the competition away!