ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752866 Members
3679 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion

Controller not connected and i have the error - 226-Power fault detected – Embedded storage controll

hamzax13
Occasional Contributor

Controller not connected and i have the error - 226-Power fault detected – Embedded storage controll

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please help me.

I have a Proliant DL 360p Gen8, first i got an error during the boot :POST Error: 226 - Power Fault Detected - Embedded Storage Controller Action: Re-seat storage controller if removable.

and no controller presented in the intelegent provioning, so i was trying to remove it clean it and inseret again, nothing changed still not working, then i remove it totaly from the mother board and im still getting the same error during the boot, even the controller is not there any help- I have the p420i controller

Thank you so mush

2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Controller not connected and i have the error - 226-Power fault detected – Embedded storage cont

Hi

In rare instances some of the HP ProLiant DL360p Gen8 Servers may display the following error on startup:

"226 Power fault detected - embedded storage controller, Action: re-seat storage controller if removable, otherwise contact support"

Perform the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. If condition permits and FBWC is installed in the embedded controller which is Smart Array P420i Controller, re-seat the FBWC.

2. Boot the server and check for the startup messages.

3. If the FBWC is not installed or the error message continue to show upon system startup, replace the System Board.

This issue should resolved by replacing the system board.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
hamzax13
Occasional Contributor

Re: Controller not connected and i have the error - 226-Power fault detected – Embedded storage cont

Thank you for the reply,

The issue was related to a PCIe NVMe Card (PCEM2-D PCIe NVMe+SATA M.2) If it's connected, the Storage controller is Off and the error is appearing, if the (PCEM2-D PCIe NVMe+SATA M.2) is removed the server & the Storage controller working fine and correctly, maybe this (PCEM2-D PCIe NVMe+SATA M.2)  is not compatible with the server I don't know. Now my server is out of NVMe im searching for some compatible PCIe NVMe Card.

thank you