Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct driver req. for integrated dual channel wide ultra 2 scsi controller

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Correct driver req. for integrated dual channel wide ultra 2 scsi controller

Hi,

I am trying to add the controller driver for the integrated dual channel wide ultra 2 scsi controller on an NT4 server but cannot do so successfully. I have done this using the NTSSD 2.20 as well as manually adding the scsi driver with the compaq scsi controller driver disk but I get the same result. The result is that NT hangs on startup and I must recover nt to get back in. I have a DLT 40/80 drive hooked on this controller. I tested another ML370 by hooking up a hard dive and installing nt onto it but the installation keeps blue screening and I cannot complete the installation. I therefore suspect that this controller driver is not quite right. Please advise.

Many thanks.
Regards,
Adam
2 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Correct driver req. for integrated dual channel wide ultra 2 scsi controller

Hi,

It was discovered that though you are using ony one channel of the dual channel scsi controller, both channels must be enabled else you will experience problems. Hope this helps others.

Regards,
Adam
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Correct driver req. for integrated dual channel wide ultra 2 scsi controller

Thanks for the tip ....