108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Correctable memory errors

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Correctable memory errors

Hi,

We are getting errors in the NT Event log pertaining to memory on our system:

Compaq System Information Agent: Compaq Health: Correctable memory error detected. The memory module should be replaced. Value: 1 != Threshold: 0

Component: Compaq Host Agent Error: Unable to acquire file system information for D:\ Cause: This error can be caused by a low memory condition. Rebooting the server may correct this error.

I talked to our NT administrator and he says the memory simms don't seat properly and they occasionally generate this message. I am fairly new as a DBA to this company and our main SQL Server db is running on this machine.

He doesn't seem overly concerned about the errors but I would like to find out from anyone whether this can cause data corruption or data loss when people are entering data into SQL ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ned Radenovic
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Ned,
I have seen issue being caused by non compaq memory. Please verify if all the memory in the server is COMPAQ. If you need further assistance please feel free to call 1-800-ok-compaq.
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

I guess it is a false translation of the Intergrated Management Log.
When you clear the intergrated management log, the errors do not return.

On one server I have got correctable memory Log instead of Intergrated Management Log (homepage - Logs).
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

I guess it is a false translation of the Intergrated Management Log.
When you clear the intergrated management log, the errors do not return.

On one server I have got correctable memory Log instead of Intergrated Management Log (homepage - Logs).
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Graham Calvert_1

I am getting the same issue. I have replaced the system memory, memory riser card and the power processor modules.
Graham Calvert_1

I discovered a Compaq Advisory that states to correctly report Correctable memory errors, you need to upfate to Insight Agent 6.4. It is ES030520_CW01.