1748070 Members
5253 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Corrupt Network Team

Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

Corrupt Network Team

We are unable to delete/dissolve a network team on a Windows 2003 server. We have installed latest network configuration utility and latest Compaq network drivers for an HP NC7782 Gibabit Server adapter. When you try to dissolve the team, error message is
"The property PreferredPrimaryRanking cannot be found and the application must terminate. Teh most likely cuase is a corrupt or missing registry value"
6 REPLIES 6
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Do you have a member of the team disabled? If so, then reenable it, then dissolve the team.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

The original team somehow got corrupted, and the server blue screened. We managed to get back on to reinstall network drivers, but were unable to dissove the teaming, however we can create a new team, using same network cards. So, we now have 2 teams, one is greyed out, and the live one is green. All cards etc are enabled, but still get the same error message when we try to dissolve the corrupt team. Server is still playing up as a result
Girma Kassa_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi Melanie,

This might be an issue with the Teaming utility, but you can try the following work around...

If the team contains 2 members, re-enable the member and apply those changes before dropping the member or dissolving the team.

Good luck.

Girma
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

I have had to remove all network cards, reboot server, and then re-create team, and this has resolved the issue. Thanks for the advise though
James Brigden

We have this problem on one server - same error "The property PreferredPrimaryRanking cannot be found and the application must terminate. The most likely cuase is a corrupt or missing registry value" every time I attempt to drop or reconfigure the team. The software then crashes. Basically it happened when I removed a physical adpater from the team and replaced it with an identical one (but with different ID etc.). I no longer have this original adapter to replace and attempt to drop the team that way, however. What I am really looking for is a way to forcibly remove the HP Adpater Teaming Software altogether and then re-install (re-installing over the top or upgrading the software seems to have no effect). Cannot find anything in the help files, website, white papers etc. that tells me how to do this.
J A M

Just had to fight through this issue again myself and thought I would post how I solved it:
open a command prompt and type:
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

then type
start devmgmt.msc

From Device manager in i belive view select show hidden devices

Now open up the Network card section and remove all old and current physical nics, rediscover hardware changes and you should be able to again team.

JM