ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745808 Members
3813 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Could Intelligent Provisioning 3 be any worse?

JT980

Could Intelligent Provisioning 3 be any worse?

Trying to install Windows 2016.  I cannot assign a volume size to the boot partition - it uses the entire drive.  I cannot assign an IP address to Windows before it boots - it automatically uses DHCP.  I cannot select a USB drive for the installation - must be a share.  Windows only allows me to shrink the volume a small fraction, so I am stuck with a huge system volume.  Our web blocker prevents the server from contacting HP for updates using a DHCP address, so the whole HP install fails.  On top of all of that, the user experence / interface is confusing and down right ugly!  What happend to HP?  Such trash!

2 REPLIES 2
Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro

Re: Could Intelligent Provisioning 3 be any worse?

Hi JT980,

You have not provided the details of the server model. Never the less, please check and update the following;

1) Ip should be the latest

2) Latest Bios

3) Server updated with the latest SPP.

Regards

Sr

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Could Intelligent Provisioning 3 be any worse?

You can create multiple logical driver under same array and later you can use the logical drive to install Windows 2016 and this will help you to assign a volume size to the boot partition and it will not use the entire drive for OS installation.

With reference to selection of USB drive for the installation, please refer Intelligent Provisioning User Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers (page number 21)

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00017037en_us

Select an Install Source from the list. The options and the required information and action for each are described in the following table.

=============================================================================================================================

Media type                                   Required information/action

==============================================================================================================================

DVD-ROM Media                         Insert the DVD.

==============================================================================================================================

File on a USB drive                       Insert the USB drive and browse to the location of the OS installation files on the USB drive. Then, double-click the ISO file.

====================================================================================================                                                                 

NOTE: Only FAT or exFAT-formatted USB drives are supported. For OS image files that cannot copy to the USB unless it is NTFS formatted, use a different source media.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo