3446 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cpq Smart array : no automatic rebuilding when a disk is replaced

TRAM
Occasional Advisor

Cpq Smart array : no automatic rebuilding when a disk is replaced

Hi,
On some proliant (particulary dl380 G2, G3 and Dl360) with 5i, 6i, SA5300 and SA6400,... when a disk is failed and is online replaced, the automatic rebuilding doesn't work.
The only solution is to reboot the server, which is a little bit irrating.
Has anybody already met this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Perhaps the BBWC (Battery) is low, run the array diags util. and check if see any errors messages!
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

I've seen this before and it can be caused by old firmware on the smart arrays. I have witnessed it on the DL380G2 with firmware 1.92 on the internal 5i controller. Upgrading to 2.62 firmware fixed it.

The firmware might not be entirely to blame but it's worth upgrading in any case.

Brian
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I've seen this before and it can be caused by old firmware on the smart arrays. I have witnessed it on the DL380G2 with firmware 1.92 on the internal 5i controller. Upgrading to 2.62 firmware fixed it.

The firmware might not be entirely to blame but it's worth upgrading in any case.

Brian
TRAM
Occasional Advisor

I've checked the battery cache. Everythings seems ok. No errors messages.

Somethings strange : i've upgraded the 5i on a srv with this problem with the last firmware. I had to wait the evening to reboot the server to validate this new firmware. But during day, the rebuild has started and finished with no problem. All the same, i've rebooted for the new firmware.

I've tried on another srv (DL380 G3)with this same error but set with a SA6400.I've upgrade it with the last firmware and waited the evening for the reboot. Nothings happened during day, until i reboot the server. Then the rebuild has started.

I've found nothings on the revision history on the HP site which would correct this problem.