1752520 Members
4716 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cracking open the case-ML330

Gus_3
Occasional Advisor

Cracking open the case-ML330

The back of the case appears to have rivets instead of screws. How does one access the inside? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Gus_3
Occasional Advisor

Nevermind; figured it out. Sorry for the dumb question. I am still in need of some assistance, however, on getting Win2K loaded without having the SmartStart CD. Can someone point me to a link where I may download it? I don't have any documentation on this server and can't get Win2K to recognize the hard drives.
Ron Amos
Valued Contributor

Hi Gus,

Smart Start cannot be downloaded, but can be purchased by calling (800) 573-1099. Depending on your Model order Smart Start 5.5 for 1st Generation ML330 or ML330E OR Smart Start 6.0 for Generation Two (G2) ML330 Servers.

Now when installing Operating System Manually or by the Assisted method using Smart Start with the 1st Generation Server press F10 to set Controller Order, With the G2 Generation press F9 to set Controller Order OR the Operating System will not find Hard Drive.

Last I heard they were charging $19.95 for a Smart Start (Good Investment) and it includes the Management CD.

Ron
There are some people who live in a dream world
Nik Bettam

W2K actually proved we didn't have a hardware problem because NT4 wouldn't load but W2K did.
Is this a generation 1 or 2?
Ask around - SmartStart CD's come with all servers and gather dust in piles so maybe somebody you know has one.
Isn't life wonderful?