1748119 Members
3211 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Create raid 1 keeping actual windows

jperezme
Advisor

Create raid 1 keeping actual windows

I have windows 2003 standard installed on Ml150 G5 and now i want with another hard disk create a mirror of operative system. It's possible make it keeping actual instalation ?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

That depends on the storage controller, what storage controller do you have in the server and do you have the the OS installed in a single drive with no RAID created at this moment?
jperezme
Advisor

Hp embedded sata raid controller and now i have windows 2003 installed on a single drive and no raid active
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Ok, first backup your data and download the storage controller driver:

Driver Embedded SATA Controller:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3580609&prodNameId=3580646&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-295381a9a94e4182a62f7127b5

1. Extract the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers to a folder.
2. Goto Control Panel-> Add New Hardware->Device is connected->New Hardware->Raid Controller->Have Disk->Browse to the folder where the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers were extracted. Select the .inf file->Install Adaptec Raid Driver.
3. Restart the Server goto BIOS enable the Embedded SATA RAID.
4. Press F8 and goto Sata Raid BIOS->Configure the Drives->Create Array->Raid0/1 A warning message will appear "Warning: Configuring the drives will erase all Array information from the selected drives, if that drive is part of an array. Arrays using any of these drives as members will be affected! Do you want to continue?(Yes/No):". Press "Y" to continue.
5. If Raid 1 is selected it will ask you what is the Source Disk, select the Right Disk in which OS was installed previously. Warning message might appear again. Select "Y".
6. Rebuild will take sometime, once rebuild is complete restart the server. Once rebooted Raid would be detected and windows would boot up, in windows it would detect new hardware and Adaptec Raid drivers will be installed. Now Server is built migrated to Raid Successfully.