1752620 Members
4184 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Creating Firmware Packages

Michigan Dave
Advisor

Creating Firmware Packages

I was wondering if there was a way to import the firmware CD's from HP's website into SIM or does a custome package have to be created.
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Dave,
You can copy the contents of the Firmware CD's \compaq\swpackages directory, specifically the CP0*.exe files, to the VCRM repository to deploy Windows firmware components.

If you don't want to use the VCRM, you have to create custom jobs in SIM to deploy the firmware CD contents.

The custom job option is the only one available for Linux.

Regards,
Michael Garner
HP Firmware CD Architect
Michigan Dave
Advisor

I have the CP files in my VCRM already. The VCRM updates once a month. The VCRM creates the packages for drivers, utilities, etc... Is there a reference out there so I could duplicate the 7.9 firmware CD or do I have to create those packages myself? It would be nice if the VCRM also created packages for firmware for us.
Michigan Dave
Advisor

Another question that might explain my problem more here. I'm operating under the assumption that any of the firmware that is install through the CD can be installed using HP SIM. Is there firmware that has to be installed using the CD? Can the server be running while all the different potential firmware upgrades are installed?