cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Fan Failure in Compaq Proliant DL380

GDK
Occasional Visitor

Critical Fan Failure in Compaq Proliant DL380

Please help! I just need to boot this server up one last time to retrieve data. I am receiving the following error message: 1611-Power Supply Fan 1 Failure Detected.

It then says a critical fan failure has been detected and that the system will be shutting down in 5 seconds after which it does.

This repeats itself over and over every minute or so with the same result. I have tried removing one of the power supply fans, reversing them, and unfortunately having the same result. As a side note, each of the lights on the back of each fan will light up so I know they are receiving power.

Does anyone have any ideas that I may have not tried to get the server to boot up? I thank you in advance for your help and look forward to your replies.
3 REPLIES
userhp78
Occasional Visitor

Re: Critical Fan Failure in Compaq Proliant DL380

I've got the same problem.

Is there any solution to avoid this message, in the BIOS, or removing temporary any piece...?

What's new since april 2008 ?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, is this an extra fan or one inside the PSU? Are you on the same generation of DL380 as the original poster (presumably G1)?
Matthijs Wijers_1
Trusted Contributor

The message indicates a problem with the fan within a power supply.

Do you have a redundant power supply then remove then faulty one or replace it, without a spinning fan the power supply will quickly overheat and break.

cheers,

Matthijs