ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753448 Members
5137 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Customise packages inside the Proliant Service Pack? Need to remove some.

TonyC
Visitor

Customise packages inside the Proliant Service Pack? Need to remove some.

I am using the Proliant Service Pack 2012.01.0 but need to remove the network card firmware updates as these are causing problems with our automated server deployment process.

We would also need this customised "bundle" to be imported into the Version Control Repository.

In the old Support Packs I used to just delete the exe file and remove it from the XML. This way I could import to XML bundle into the VC Repository and deploy it via the "hpsum.exe /s /... " silently to a server without errors.

I cannot find documentation about how to do any of these things, does anyone know if they are possible?

Thanks

Tony

3 REPLIES 3
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Customise packages inside the Proliant Service Pack? Need to remove some.

Download the full ISO of SPP ( service pack for proliant ) do not downloade the subsets, this ISO should be a bootable one, convert the iso into bootable USB drive, once done that go the drive and find HP folder and under SWpackages you will find whole list of firmwares and drivers ( the real challenge here is to find out network card firmware and remove it )

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/service_packs/en/index.html

2012.01.0, Complete ISO Image
MD5 Checksum: 49755db1992bbbdca36e2d9a5e1150d4 1.5 GB

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
TonyC
Visitor

I already have the full ISO and have extracted it to a folder.

As you say "the real challenge here is to find out network card firmware and remove it".

I know the EXE's that I need to remove but want to remove them in an official, supported way.

Do you know what I need to do?

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Well HP doesnt recommend customers to remove the image, that means that their is no official way or may be you meant a HP document , there is none atleast as of yet. If you are sure what exe that you want to remove, their is no harm in trying it , it is like adding/removing optional firmware componets from/to USB FW DVD

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala