1752778 Members
6186 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Customize HPSUM bundle

Scott Shockley
Occasional Advisor

Customize HPSUM bundle

How can I create a customize HP Smart Update Manager bundle (or filter) to include only the components I want?

The included bp0003???.txt file and the HP Smart Update Manager User Guide (which links to the HP Proliant Formware Maintenance CD) don't talk about customizing bundles.

I assume I just edit the included bp0003???.xml file?
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Customize HPSUM bundle

hi

I'm trying to have an idea about that too but I thinking the file we need to modify is this one
bp000380.cmd I mean bpxxxxxxx.cmd

if you right click on it and select Edit you will see all the file that has to be installed

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check page 65 :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00472061/c00472061.pdf

The .xml file defines the bundle.
This means what you have thought - you must pre-configure it, so it contains the elements you want to install.

E.G.

setupc /target:COMPUTER1 BP000001.XML

- Installs the Support Pack defined by
BP000xxx.XML from the current directory
on the computer named COMPUTER1

Check page 103 for other examples.

Hope this helps

Pac

Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

Scott,
You can create custom bundles within HPSUM by just including the components that you want to deploy. HPSUM treats these components as an "ad-hoc" bundle. This is a great way to deploy software and firmware updates together if desired. No need to have a BP*.xml file or to delete entries in the BP*.xml file as was done in the past.

You can also delete out the component files from the bundle. HPSUM will report these files as missing, but will allow the installation to proceed without them.

Regards,
Michael Garner
HPSUM Architect