108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DIMMs all amber DL320

SOLVED
Go to solution
Curtis Vaughan
Occasional Contributor

DIMMs all amber DL320

Have a DL320 GP5 server. Recently the front indicator light went completely amber and it won't even start. Opening it up and running it proved that every DIMM slot has an amber light. I have removing and replacing the memory, but always the same. Seems to me that this probably means the motherboard itself is hosed, but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

You may clear the server's NVRAM. Refer to item no. 17, at page 69 OF of the HPE ProLiant DL320 Generation 5p Server Maintenance and Service Guide, for identifying the system maintenance switch. Once identified, set the system maintenance S6 to "O"n position and power on the server. Once there is a message stating that a system maintenance switch has been turned on, remove power from the server and then p;ower it back again and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue is not resolved, then reduce the server to base configuration and test each memory module to isolate between memory or the DIMM slots.

If the issue is not resolved, then please contact HPE Support portal for further assistance.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Curtis Vaughan
Occasional Contributor

@TVVJ 

Thanks for the suggestions. Setting dip switch 6 to on produced no change.

Now what do you mean by reducing the server to it's base configuration? The thing is, I can't do anything regardless. The front light goes red pretty much immediately and nothing appears on the monitor.

Curtis Vaughan
Occasional Contributor

Update. Finally through much trial and error I was able to find a set of memory modules that worked.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Curtis Vaughan

Excellent! Glad to know the problem has been resolved. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo