5850 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DISKPART for WINPE and ML370

Daniel_355
Occasional Contributor

DISKPART for WINPE and ML370

Hi,

I have created a WINPE Disc and have got my head round the win32 scripting kit to auto install what ever image I require wheather it is a ML310 or a ML370.
To get a clean image...
I would like to do an unattended install from the d: partian.
Here is my set up....
2x Mirror Drives 2x 18gb (not many around was the early days) /2x36gb (quite a few)or 2x 72gb which are in the servers being shipped currently.
3x(or 4) on Raid 5 min of 36gbs drives for this one.
I would like some sort of script to query the the system drives RAID 1+0 and create a partition C:\ and configure the rest as the D:\partition after it has done this. I would like to copy the i386 dir over to the D:\ drive and set setup from there.

We currently use the smartstart CD and it copys files over and then starts the install. and we change the registry to point to the install path as being d:\i386

I am trying to do a clean build.
I will then be able to sysprep the "TIN" and then use my winpe image to deploy the image after the partitions have been made.

Has anyone done this allready to save me a few late nights.

Dan
1 REPLY 1
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Re: DISKPART for WINPE and ML370

I would suggest a difference forum for scripting questions. Instead of SERVERS, try the MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE & SYSTEM TOOLS category. Then select Proliant Deployment & Provisioning. There is also a forum for HP SIM Tools & scripts. Good luck with this!