6685 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 140 G3, LSI Logic Fusion-MPT SAS Storport Driver

markum fuadi
Frequent Advisor

DL 140 G3, LSI Logic Fusion-MPT SAS Storport Driver

Dear all,

recently i've install Win2003 Server on DL 140 G3(417753-371) server with no progress...

at windows blue screen installation page.. i've press F6 Key for Specify Additional Device.. point to [A : External USB Floppy].. load LSI Logic SAS controller driver.. successfully created & formated partition 72 Gb.. 1 x 72 Gb SAS HDD..

but, suddenly Installation prompt for a driver again ;

"please insert Disk Labeled LSI Logic Fusion-MPT SAS Storport Driver on drive [A:] and press Enter when ready.. "

which file again is it??
coz when i press Enter, it came with no result.. my [A : External USB Floppy] has no response.. there is like i've wrong file on my floppy disk, or somekind like my External floppy has broken.. no light process indicator on it..

at the end, the installation has failed.. & i cannot install my DL 140 G3.. :(

my question are ;
- does i've taken the right step for Windows installation?? (the driver, the usb external floppy, etc)..coz if it wrong.. can u tell me which the right one??

please help guys, ASAP..

www.markumfuadi.co.cc
6 REPLIES 6
SPa
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

As the installation is accepting the driver the first time it looks the Driver is fine.

Is the Floppy drive a HP One.You will find many similar issues here in this forum wherein exactly the same thing happens when the floppy drive used is a Non HP one.

As an alternate try integrating the driver within the Operating System using NLite and it should work without a floppy drive

http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html
http://www.nliteos.com/download.html
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Markum,
An Alternative to nLite is posted at :

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1147521

Regards,
James.
markv_1
Occasional Advisor

I had the same Problem on a DL 140 G3 with a SAS Controller

I tried the Nlite Approach as I have done also on DL 320 with SATA Controller, but it didnt work with the HP Drivers for the SAS Controller.

I searched for the supplier of the SAS Controller and downloaded there drivers , worked out of the box in combination with a Nlite 1.4

the DL 140 G3 is by far the worst supported Server I have seen to date, nice Hardware but pain in the neck to set up , there are also Faulty drivers not only in the SAS drivers but also in the 5721 Drivers for the network card

The Support in Europe tried really hard but it didnt help ;(
maurizio di salvo
Frequent Advisor

i have the same problem on ml 150 g3 with lsi logic sas 3080x and 4 72.2 gb sas hdd.
i have change also with hp support the drive on file txt.oem of the floppy usb drive but i have the same problem. after format partition on hdd when os must copy the file i recive this:

"please insert Disk Labeled LSI Logic Fusion-MPT SAS Storport Driver on drive [A:] and press Enter when ready.. "

help me please

thanks

maurizio di salvo
Frequent Advisor

thanks a hp support this is a solution.

i have ml 150 g3 with sas lsilogic and 4 hdd 72gb.

you take usb floppy and attach it at your pc xp, when xp see the floppy go in hardware manager---->explode usb controller and click in propriety on your usb device go in advanced and search ID HARDWARE, now write on the paper the second line es: USB\Vid.....2020, respect upper and lower letter. Now thake file txtsetup.oem that you have download with driver hp 8 port sas controller from hp site and in [hardware...]
copy and past last line es: "PCI....." "lsi_sas" and modify writing "USB\Vid........" "usbstor" now your floppy is recognize that w2003 os and don't ask you anymore insert floppy for lsi sas mpt-fusion storport driver.

excuse for my english. i hope i help you.

bye

1.- you can test with another USB Floppy, In my experience work with dell USB Floppy,
HP recommend use HP floppy USB but with dell work fine.

2.-You can check if you download the driver from the manufacturer and the model, for example lsi.com and download the driver.

I had one detail like you but with ML150 G3 Server and with this 2 points I can install windows 2000 Server,

Thanks HP Support. Carlos Reyes creyes@hp.com