ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752565 Members
5778 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 145 G2 Server rebuild

Hubinfo

DL 145 G2 Server rebuild

I need to repurpose a DL145 G2 server. I know smart start is not supported for deployment and the Easy start software is no longer available as well. The server contains 2 80GB SATA hard drives. I have the OS software but I do not have the software that originally came with the server. I need to reload it but can't get it to complete. I was told thru the HP chat service to just boot to the Operating system DVD (server 2008) and install that way. On bootup it shows me it is detecting the array (NVIDIA RAID IDE ROM BIOS 4.57)and shows both drives. The install starts and it copies and expands the files, does a reboot and then starts all over again. it does not seem to want to finish. Any ideas?

Also, is the RAID setup anything that can be changed?
2 REPLIES 2
TTr
Honored Contributor

> On bootup it shows me it is detecting the array (NVIDIA RAID IDE ROM BIOS 4.57)and shows both drives

Check out the bios options for making the controller bootable, boot order etc. Also try accessing the controller in the bios and create logical disks. Then partition and install using the logical disk.

You may also need to use the "F6" during windows install to add drivers for the raid controller.
Hubinfo

It seems after 5 tries I have the OS loaded. The only thing iI did different was try to load the OS on 1 drive (not mirrored) but it did not work for either drive. after reconnecting both drives it worked. Not sure why it finally went thru but it is up and running just fine. Still not able to access or change the RAID setup. I did look at all BIOS options and there is nothing there to select or change. There is also not a command at startup to access it either. During the OS load, any RAID driver from the HP site I could find was not accepted as a suitable driver. When the OS load was done, device manager does show the 2 drives are mirrored. Any thoughts?