ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL 160 G6 with Smart Array P410 Zero Memory RAID Controller and 4 Hot Plug SAS drives

MisterH
Occasional Contributor

DL 160 G6 with Smart Array P410 Zero Memory RAID Controller and 4 Hot Plug SAS drives

I am having a problem with a brand new HP DL 160 G6. The first part of Windows 2003 or 2008 installation completes but then when the system reboots it fails to start from the disks on the array configured in RAID 0 or RAID 1+0. The system takes about 15 minutes to come up with a disk error and the disks flash on and off slowly for the entire time. I have tried to use varied combinations of disks from 1 to 4 in the system.
I have updated the System ROMPAQ and P410 Controller firmware (using BartPE Live CD for the P410) and attempted to use a standard Windows Server 2003 R2, 2008 and a slipstreamed version of 2003 including SP2. I have tried to install Windows with or without the included Easy Setup CD without success. I have attempted to create the Logical Drive using the Option ROM Configuration for Array and the Array Configuration Utility. Finally I have run the Insight Diagnostics and have not discovered any errors.
I would be interested to hear from any other users who have had problems with the zero memory P410 RAID controller or DL100 series G6 servers. Also if anyone has had any positive outcomes or has ideas on how to resolve this I would appreciate it