7751 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL 180 G6 not powering up

Alexsaphir
Visitor

DL 180 G6 not powering up

Hi!

I have a DL 180 G6 and today when  tried to power it up it's failled. The BMC LED is blinking and I can access i. When I pressed the power button nothing happened. Using the web interface to boot it up, on the chassis information, in the virtual power tab, it's says 

Last Restart Cause: Chassis Control

Ther is no message in the SEL tab

In the monitoring sensors tab, there is power on the stand-by sensor:

Voltage P12V Unavailable   Voltage P5V Unavailable   Voltage P5V-STBY Normal operating range 5.0544 Volts Voltage P3V3 Unavailable   Voltage P3V3-STBY Normal operating range 3.3264 Volts

And,

Chassis Chassis State Deasserted 0 Sys. ACPI Pwr. State ACPI State S5 Power State Bit 5 Asserted

I've no idea what is wrong and why I can't power it on

Alex

5 REPLIES 5
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

as you said nothing happens when you push the power buttion. is there any light on the PSU? Is the server getting power?

when you push the power button, any LED glows? Can you hear the fan spin ? are you able to access the ILO of the server?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Alexsaphir
Visitor

When I press the power button the health LED go to green to off

I have access to ilo interface
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

How long the LED stays green? Can you see any critical errors showin in ILO?
What is the status of the server in ILO? What latest events are there in IML?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Alexsaphir
Visitor

The Health LED stay green until I press the button. When I try to start it using the ILO interface I have the following message 

Last Restart Cause: Chassis Control

There is no latest event in the IML

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Looks like some sensor cable issue . Please open a support ticked with HPE technical team to validate the same and replace the necessary parts.

I am a HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo