1752576 Members
4334 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 185 G5 Power Cycling continuously

ChadEH
Frequent Advisor

DL 185 G5 Power Cycling continuously

Have a DL185 server, when power cable is attached, server powers up, fans spin up, all the drive leds flash once, then the server powers down and immediately powers back on. This is constant until I remove the power cables. The server does nothing else, but this cycle. I have seen something similar like this on other models and it turned out to be a bad scsi backplane and/or a bad array controller. Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Remove any additional items and retest. Sounds like a hardware issue. If it's new get HP in as it should be under warranty.
ChadEH
Frequent Advisor

I did the HP minimum troubleshooting method, 1 proc, min mem, etc... Reseated the only card in the box (array controller)reseated all cables, reseated all drives even tried without drives conencted, nothing changed. I did get HP involved, but they are not much help. They are sending parts I suspect are the issue scsi backplane and array controller, but they offered no suggestions on what they thought might be the issue. Will know soon enough when parts arrive.