1753959 Members
7672 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

DL 320R02 RAID

Dwayne Fry

DL 320R02 RAID

Our server came with 2 80gb hard drives and is set up as Hardware RAID 1 (Mirror). We bought two new 160gb drives and want to replace the two in there and keep the information and RAID 1. Is it simply a matter of taking one of the 80gb out, putting a new 160gb in and letting it automatically recreate the raid. Then take the other 80 gb out and replace with the other 160gb and we have then doubled our capacity? Does it need to be done in any particular order(IDE 1 first or IDE 2 first)? Thanks in advance
Dwayne
1 REPLY 1
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 320R02 RAID

Along you can do that in the SCSI, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can do that with ATA RAID Configuration, and even trough spare pool it won't work. Within ATA RAID Configuration you need to mark Array size, when you add 160 it will pick 1/2 of it and second part will be lost, where any future size changes (expand, Extend is not available from Configuration) will cause data loss in ATA config. Have a good Backup, prior any step.

is anyone done that within ATA ? With HP controller and not using third party tool /applications ?