DL 360 G3 fan failier or missing hd

SOLVED
Go to solution
garethmob

DL 360 G3 fan failier or missing hd

hello
recently bought the server
i only have one hard drive inside in place 0

the server boots up and displays processor fan not cooling enough system failure system will shut down in 4 seconds

the led on the motherboard shows a green light on system fan 1 the processor fans are spinning as air is coming from them.

would only having one hard drive cause this or is it a fan issue.

i'm only just starting up my business and i don't want to buy anything unnecessary
3 REPLIES 3
ab_server
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL 360 G3 fan failier or missing hd

Hello,

First, you should check the BIOS version has been updated to the latest as well as the ILO Drivers and Firmware version. If those versions are updated, then you should reseat the fan so you can determine whether an internal LED turns amber or red.
garethmob

sorry if i seem stupid here. iv been used to osx powermac servers and a sun sparc i appoligise in advance

how do i check the firmware

i dont have a disk cover or caddy in drive 1 only one in drive 0 so drive 1 is empty would that cause it?

Neil Ashworth_3
Frequent Advisor
Solution

If the fan is showing a green light but you still get a fan failure swop the fan with another in the machine. Invariably this failure is not the fan but the main board. Do you have any system discs cds with the unit. They have diagnostics for the unit. If not e-mail me on neil@hpssltd.co.uk and I will let you borrow a copy to check your system. Did you get any warranty with the unit. If so and it is still valid then send the unit back as faulty.