1748112 Members
3302 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 360 G4 no video output.

fcmanf
Visitor

DL 360 G4 no video output.

Hi all. I just bought a Dl 360 G4. Since the first day i had problems booting it.I got "no signal". The only way to make it work was to remove the battery and leave it like this for 24 hours, then put the battery again. It worked. Everytime i removed the power cord I had to make this. Now, since i connected it to a UPS, it's not booting anymore. I just get "No Signal" at monitor. Useless to remove the battery, switch on/off the settings.

Nothing to do...

No alarm leds on, no beeps. It turns on, the fans sometimes get slower after few seconds, other times they run fast and don't get slower at all...

Ok... maybe the UPS, well. But it's unacceptable that if i remove the power cord it doesn't run anymore.

Any suggestion?

5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL 360 G4 no video output.

Hey,

Sounds like broken power supply? Bad power cord?

Why do you want to remove the power cord?
ImReallySmart
Occasional Advisor

That seems really odd that simply pulling the battery would allow it to output graphics.  After you're sure it isn't a power supply issue like the person above me suggested, pop the cover over and double check your dip switches and jumper positions.  I feel like you have one set to "NVRAM reset" or something like that which should be moved to the OFF position.  If not that exact jumper/dipswitch, maybe a security related one?

fcmanf
Visitor

So... i checked again power cords,  etc etc.. nothing. i am not using the UPS anymore. I just hope i won't get a undervoltage now..By the way, still no POST. How is it supposed to leave the management switch. I just left it like it was before..no need to change.  I don't know why i don't get any beep, there should be instead. I can get some information about it. Actually i think it's the RAM not working anymore,but i don't have another one to try, not ECC at least, i don't know if i can try with non-ECC.It could get an electric shock so the voltage of CPUs is messy and it's not starting. But i reset the CMOS, so..

I don't know anymore. I never had issues with any other brand . I'll just give it away.

Tnx for your help anyway.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You could also try looking at the system board when you boot it up - any error leds on there maybe that could give you a hint? There should be a description of the leds on the back of the removeable chassi panel.

fcmanf
Visitor

I just checked up the motherboard during booting. No error leds, everything "ok". On the back of the front panel there are some instructions but nothing about errors and nothing specs about the settings of the management switch.  I just gave up. Today i'm gonna post the motherboard on my lab with the other hundreds of motherboards i have..