1753502 Members
5171 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 360 G5 Graphics functions?

James W Laming

DL 360 G5 Graphics functions?

Hi,
I am currently building several DL360 G5тАЩs that will be running windows 2008 R2 SP1 for use as Hyper-V host machines. We have a requirement for multi monitored workstation to be hosted on these boxes and so would like to make use of hyper-vтАЩs RemoteFX functionality to do so. This requires the installation of a secondary graphics adapter тАЬin this case we are using a HP branded Quatro NVS 290тАЭ. We have noticed that once the card is installed the onboard ATI ES Graphics chip becomes disabled both at the BIOS/Post and inside the Operation system. As we need both chips to be seen in the OS for RemoteFX to work this is not the desired behavior, in addition to us not being able to use the onboard chip in the OS we have also lost the ability to use Remote Video through ILO. Does anyone have a work around for this issue?
Thanks

James
3 REPLIES 3
James W Laming

Week 1 Bump

Have not had any answer from HP support desk on this issue yet ether.
However I was wondering if it is possible to get a pci-Express 8x riser for both slots EG the slot for the full height PCI card and the SFF one?
We have currently got 1 pci-express 8x riser that the graphics card is plugged into in the full height side. And have an empty Pci-express 4x riser that is in the SFF.
Thanks
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, I saw the post but waited for somebody that may have tried this before..

As for the riser, see the quickspecs, all the DL360 G5 risers are in there.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12476_div/12476_div.HTML

This Quatro NVS 290 - is this even supported for the DL360 G5?
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

So maybe you will not find a work around for this issue. Have you looked into other solutions? Is the RemoteFX functionality necessary or are there other options?