1753420 Members
4839 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 360 G5 Stop error

Mike SA
Occasional Advisor

DL 360 G5 Stop error

I have a DL360 G5 server. It is running Server 2003 x64 R2. I have Firmware version 7.9 updated on all available components. The server runs fine for an inconsistent time frame. Every so ofter it stop saying System Halted.

I check the logs and it says Blue Screen Trap ( BugCheck, Stop 0x000000D1 (0xFFFFFADF9EF30CA2, parameter2, 3, 4 etc.

We have replaced the system board. No luck and I suspect we need an earlier version of the NIC drivers. Please help???

15 REPLIES 15
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Stop 0x000000D1 means an error caused by a driver. In the blue screen, can you see any .sys file?
Are you using teaming on the NICs?
Mike SA
Occasional Advisor

No, just normal link 1 x 1GB link to switch.

There is no .sys file in the when SYSTEM has Halted screen that comes up. I also suspect the NIC driver. Need an older version perhaps?
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

No, just go to Network configuration utility, advanced and then stop the TOE (tcp offload engine). This should help...
Mike SA
Occasional Advisor

I have disabled the TOE and now the server is extremely slow. The problem is intermittent though. So far, nothing wrong except for speed issues between the CPU and NIC. Restart server?
Mike SA
Occasional Advisor

When I disable TOE the server is slow. When I enable it the server is fast. Restart did not help. Do I need to try an older driver to solve this?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

There has been several problems with the new multifunction NICs, mostly related to TOE. Some people reports that server works better with a driver from a few months ago.
Mike SA
Occasional Advisor

I will download an older version and install. Will keep you posted. Thanks
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I've reading this

also that you can try is:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01102958&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

updating storport from microsoft.

let me ask you something the server has an integrated controller right? or not?

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

You stated you updated the firmware, but how about the drivers?

PSP 7.8 was a massive pain and full of BSOD'ing drivers, I'd check you have the latest software support pack.