- Integrated Systems
- About Us
- Integrated Systems
- About Us
03-20-2015 08:11 AM - edited 03-20-2015 08:14 AM
DL 360 GEN9 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
We are very dissapointed by this Server DL 360 GEN9. We have done all that is possible, all methods, all advices that were given by the HP technical solution consultant. The problem is not solved. Nobody can help us???? Come on HP, can help us to fix this problem.
I will try to explain again our problem. We installed Windows Server 2008 R2 via HP Intelligent Provisioning on Server DL360 Gen9. In the result all drivers are normally except videocard (device manager will show a yellow exclamation sign for that particular pcie slot with the following message: "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)") (Screenshot №1) .
Also I can say that we used 5 videocards:
1) NVIDIA GEFORCE 210 (1 GB DDR 3)
2) AMD Radeon R5 200 Series ( 1 GB DDR 3)
3) NVIDIA Quadro K600 ( 1GB DDR 3)
4) AMD Radeon™ R5 230 ( 2 GB DDR 3)
5) HP Quadro K4200 (4 Gb DDR 5) (RECOMENDED by HP)
During the all time we tried to reinstall OS and of course before installation of OS we put videocard. Even I can say that we have available more than one server DL 360 Gen9, actually 5 servers and we have done this procedure on all of the servers. Result is the same :(
Now a little bit about our attemps to fix it.
- We reinstall OS via a differents methods many times (including via HP Intelligent Provisioning )
- We reinstall all drivers many times. Drivers were downloaded from the official HP website. (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7252838&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4064)
- Reset the bios to deffault setting.
- Clear NVRAM from System Maintenance Switch.
- Tried to disable the onboard video in device manager in safemode and rebooting.
- We tried to set in BIOS CONFIGURATION→ VIDEO OPTIONS: [Add-In Video Enabled, Embedded Video Disabled]
System Configuration→BIOS/Platform Configuration
(RBSU)→System Options→Serial Port Options→Embedded Serial Port and press Enter. AND the same with virtual Serial Port.
- In device manager: View → Resources by connection, also we can see all PCI Bus with errors (Screenshot №2). First at full I deleted PCI Bus with the error on the branch of input/output (I/O) ports and wait untill computer find a new drivers then push the power button. Now Turn on the computer, wait untill all drivers were installed and then again open the DEVICE MANAGER : View → Resources by connection →Memory →Deleted PCI Bus with error then again wait untill computer find a new drivers then push the power button. Again turn on the computer, repeat all procedure but now deleting DMA and restart the server. All drivers had to set without errors, but I saw the same situation. This information I found on some forums , My problem is not fixed .
- Of course we update the bios too.
THE RESULT : WE CANT FIX OUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOME SPECIFICATIONS of server in picture "specification".
03-20-2015 01:26 PM
Re: DL 360 GEN9 (This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
Have you tried removing some ram from the servers? I assume you are running 64bit version of windows 2008R2 yes?
I'd try to reduce amount of ram in server first!