5355 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

[DL 360 Gen8] ILO 4 small issue

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: [DL 360 Gen8] ILO 4 small issue

Hi Jan,

Please call HPE support and get a case number.

Oscar

Ok, case created, HPE investigating.

Jan

redmes

I have this exact issue.

Did you ever get it resolved?

My symptoms are the fans are randomly (every minute or so) speeding up and making increased noises. Upon investigation, this was the only error that I could see in the ;

1) iLO Event Log - Embedded Flash/SD-CARD: Error reading media 0, physical block 2: Unknown Error Code.

2) iLO self test - Controller firmware revision 2.09.00 Could not partition embedded media device 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Chris_L1
Advisor

I have experienced the same issue across different servers - BL460-G9, DL360-G8, DL380-G8, DL380-G9.  HPE has a bulletin referring to this - 

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

OneView first alerted me to an issue with one server - ILO error 8192.  I have since experienced many of the errors in the bulletin.  All ILOs are ILO-4, all are at ver 2.40 on firmware levels, all have errors listed on bulletin.  All have required call to HPE and replacement of system board.  On one call - tech asked me for error - told him "ILO-4 with error 8192" - before I could finish - his response was "we are sending a technician and a new system board".  Sounds like a known issue at HPE...???...

All I am asking is - if this a known issue with ILO-4 - please let us know.  We cannot arbitrarily turn-down production servers to replace these boards.  I am sitting with several hundred ILO-4 machines and this is not looking like a good scenario...

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi, I have a similar problem - about 3-4 servers in remote locations with this error. I am curious if anyone has tried powering off the server, pulling the power cable to let the iLO controller  "cold boot" so to speak and then after a minute or so re-inserting the power cables and restarting the server.  As my servers are in a remote location, I cannot easily do this.  But if this works for other people, then I will at least know it is worth a try coordinate with someone at the remote location to physically do this for me.

And for the record, I have also tried warm starting the iLO and updating the firmware.  Neither worked.

Thanks

NK

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

Hey 

GustavoAyala
Advisor

Please I'd like an update too.

I'm facing the same problem in a couple of servers. (AHS not mounted because some strange error in media manager, iLO warning in HP SIM)

One DL380 G8, and somes blades BL460c G8.

It can't possibly be a hardware problem. 3 blades out of 10 ? and previousy they were working fine. Only problem is the warning and can't export AHS.

All updated to latest SPP 2016.04, latest BIOS, iLO etc.

tried reboot server & reset iLO, no effect, I have yet to try good old "remove blade and insert again" / cold boot, but as someone said is kind of complicated, so I'd like to know if it's a solution or not beforehand.

img1.pngimg2.pngimg3.png

Peter Smeele
Visitor

Hello All,

We have the same issue, but they appear only in HP Proliant 360 gen8, with an update ilo firmware (2.40). In the old ILO firmware version the "error" wasn't there.

Best regards

Peter

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hi to all, just update from our opened cases - it seems we have to replace motherboards on all affected servers, as no ILO4 firmware update helps. Now we have to find service windows to do it. Generally, the issue seems to have some stages - first stage - only warnings in ILO and diagnostic, second stage - AHS logs can not be collected due corrupted flash on motherboard.

If your are in second stage, raise a hw case to HPE for motherboad replacement.

Jan