1752591 Members
2736 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 360 fault lights in disk drive, light on sporadic

SOLVED
Go to solution

DL 360 fault lights in disk drive, light on sporadic

Can somebody help me, i have 2 36 GB disk in mirror in a dl 360 server, the fault lights of boths disk light on sometimes, a check event viewer, smart array conf. utility, hp diagnostics and no error report all is ok, is this a problem? we have other 10 server installed and the fault ligths of the disks in this server not turn on any time.
4 REPLIES 4
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL 360 fault lights in disk drive, light on sporadic

Manuel

Boot the server with your SmartStart CD and select the Array Configuration Utility. Click on the controller and select rebuild priority and set it to high (unless it is already, then set it low)
Then save the configuration.
Reboot
Go back into the SmartStart CD ACU and reset your controller priority back to high.

What you have done, effectively, is re-saved the Array Configuration.

Let me know if this does not clear it up, if it returns it may be the SCSI backplane board needs to be replaced.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Kevin Denton

John, when you do this, is the data still okay on the drives? I have a similar situation on a DL 360 server in that the array controller (5i) has no logical drives defined, although until this morning this was a working server.

Kevin
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Kevin:

If your array controller is reporting that there are "No Logical Drives Defined" then it is telling you that it has not been configured or it has completely lost the configuration.

Could you please repost your question in your own thread and we can go over the diagnosis of your array controller?
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Thank you for your help, i have one week of made the changes and waiting for results, right now we are monitoring the server