ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752801 Members
5558 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 360 installation help

DL 360 installation help

hi all,i am new to server installation.i have a DL 360 server.and i got two cd's HP smart start and microsoft windows 2003 server.my server is with 4 hard disk 72 GB each.please help me with a step by step procedure to configure RAID 5 and operating system installation(anybody can post snap shot for the installation is highly appreciate)thank you very much in advance and look forward your help.please help me i am new to server installation
5 REPLIES 5
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Hi!
the installation is quite simple:
1) boot from smartstart (choose right platform: if are going to install windows 2003 x86-32 use x32-32 smartstart)
2) after booting choose Array Configuration Utility (ACU) and make a raid
3) proceed with installation and choose the right version of windows (i mean, if you're going to unstall windows 2003 R2, choose the exact version in the installation list)
4) wait until the installer tells asks you for windows installation media

Actually, that's all.

regards,
Philipp.

thank you very much philip.your post helped me a lot.but when i trying to install opearting system it is asking for operating system "HP BRANDED" wht is that?
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

>it is asking for operating system "HP BRANDED" wht is that?
Not absolutely sure but i think, it means that you have bought Windows from HP, not directly from Microsoft. Don't pay attention to this, just choose another option with appropriate OS, i.e. "Windows 2003 Server Standard" or "Windows 2003 Server Enterprise"

thanks philip.after RAID configuration can i restart the server with operating system ? or do i need to follow the smart start CD instruction.if so can u help me which option i can select?
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

>after RAID configuration can i restart the server with operating system ? or do i need to follow the smart start CD instruction.if so can u help me which option i can select?
If you want to install OS (windows, in your case) after RAID configuration, you don't need to restart. But you can do it - if you want to do it for other reasons.

Philipp.