New Discussion

DL 360 two VGA - iLO No Video

SOLVED
Go to solution
dcampregher
Honored Contributor

DL 360 two VGA - iLO No Video

HI,

I have a DL 360 with rwo VGA ( onboard and PCI ). When i try to open remote console through iLO, it return " no video ".

What the configuration i need apply to the server show me Video on Remote Console ?

Thks

-----------
Please assign Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DL 360 two VGA - iLO No Video

It should be ideally the onboard, ILO remote console will not work with PCI - Video card, remove the video card to check if the remote console works, if it does work , then install the PCI card back and check if you have an option of making it secondary in RBSU

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
dcampregher
Honored Contributor

HI,

Where i find the option for change the secondary RSBU ?

-----------
Please assign Kudos
kanchisharma
Advisor

Hi,

Please click on HPGT link here to access the RBSU Screenshots and check the options available.

Click on configuration and setup, select the Server Generation and you can find complete info.

Thank You!

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

kanchisharma
Advisor

Video Options

By default, the System ROM disables the embedded video controller when an optional video controller is installed in the system. With this option, the embedded video controller remains enabled for iLO remote video functionality or for dual-head video support.

In HPGT link go to Configuration and setup > RBSU > Generation > Advance options > video options.
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor
Solution

iLO remote console can only work with the embedded video chip because, there is a special DVO connection between this embedded video chip and the iLO chip.  If you install an option video card on the server, iLO cannot do remote console on this card because, there isn't a direct DVO connection between iLO and this option video card.

Also, by default the system ROM disables the embedded video when it first detects an option video card has been inserted. You have to manually enable the embedded video back and make it 'primary video', if you want the iLO remote console showing video during POST as the ROM only uses primary video for this purpose.

Also, some OSes like Windows loads a driver only for the primary video.  If you have two video cards in a system that requires two separate video drivers, Windows only loads the driver for the video card that was selected as primary video in the system ROM.

Is there a way you can switch the primary and secondary video settings from within Windows? Say I need to enable ilo on a server to keep an eye on a build process and when the build is done, change the setting back to the optional card and reboot it for it to take affect.

Thanks.