1753863 Members
7634 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL-360

lovina
Occasional Contributor

DL-360

Can I install Windows NT 4.0 on this box. I failed to installed using Smart Start Version 7.40 and 7.30 There is no Windows N.T 4.0 OS as the option to choose for the server.
I tried with lower version of smartstart, the error message says Can not configure with this cd rom or something.
Can you help
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

WHat generation DL360 is it?

If it is a beige G1, then I think you need Smart Start 5.5

Anythine else, the latest "should" work

Optionally, you can do a manual install. Just grab the smart array driver so you can manual specify it at the beginning ot the install.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
lovina
Occasional Contributor

I have DL-360 G4. And this Server comes with SmartStartCd 7.40 It doesn't show NT 4.0 is part of the server OS. So using SmartStarr CD is not an option. Question is does NT 4.0 support 2 GB RAM?
I am trying to install boot up with NT 4.0 CD and feed with floppy for Array controller. We'll see if it works.
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

NT4 is not officially supported.
And support for more than 1 GB RAM was introduced in NT4 with sp1

regards,
Andrzej Kowalik
lovina
Occasional Contributor

I know NT 4.0 is not supported. My NT server CD without SP but I do have SP 6 in seperate CD. How about PCI 64 bit. I think the array card is 64 bit.
Any suggestions ?
Matt Burgess
Frequent Advisor

You'll need an NT4 driver that works with the Array controller in the DL360 G4 (6i I believe). The SmartStart CD should contain the last of the NT4 ProLiant Support Packs (7.3 from memory).

If you can find a functioning driver for that controller, put it on a floppy.

Do your hardware (F9) and array (F8) configurations manually.

Boot from the Windows NT CD. As soon as the blue text-based portion begins you will see a message that says "press F6 to specify additional mass storage drivers". Press F6 quickly. It's easy to miss it.

Put the floppy in and specify the driver you've chosen. The NT install should complete successfully and you can deal with your other software and service pack issues after that.