5993 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL 380 G1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kyle Mizell

DL 380 G1

I bought a DL380 G1 motherboard recently, and it came bare bones, everything except the power supplies, processors, RAM, array controller, and hard drives. I added (4) - 36GB drives, onboard smart array controller, (1) - DIMM 128MB RAM ( just for testing ), (2) - 1Ghz PIII processors, (2) - 225w power supplies. The system powers up just fine, all fans, CD ROM, hard drives spool up, no red led's internally, but I don't get any video. This would lead me to believe that it is either the RAM or processors. I pulled the processor in slot 2, and switched out the 128MB stick or RAM. Didn't make any difference. I am wondering if the problem might be the processor power module. The two PPM's that I have, came with the motherboard, but I don't know if they differ based on the CPU, could this be the issue?
even a broken clock is right twice a day
3 REPLIES 3
George_141
Frequent Advisor

Hi Kyle,

Please check the server with only processor and minimum memory.

Regards,
George
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

Check the attached image and confirm the following leds on the same.

1 Green = Power To System
OFF = System in Standby or OFF
System Power Good

2 RED = Processor 1 Internal Error
OFF = Normal
IEFF1

3 RED = Processor 1 Internal Error
OFF = Normal
IEFF1

4 RED = Riser Card not properly seated
OFF = Normal, Riser Card properly seated.
InterLock

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Michael Williams_6
Trusted Contributor

Can you confirm whether you have an on-board display adapter or whether you've plugged in a third part one? Additionally, can you confirm if you have installed a RIB card or not?

Our DL380 has an on-board display adapter, and I would admit if you weren't getting anything from yours, I'd pressume it was the on-board one that was faulty.

Try installing a third-part graphics card into one of the spare slots, if that works, it looks as though your internal doesn't work...