Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL 380 G3 (HDD Stamping Issue)

Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

DL 380 G3 (HDD Stamping Issue)

Hi
I am having one DL 38 g3 server. I have two hdd installed in my server of 36GB 10K U320.
BOTH HDD ARE MIRRORED. Some days back one hdd showing amber led. I update the firmware of the controller and hdd and refix that hdd, after that rebuilding was in progress but after some time it again shows its failed. in the ADU its showing failed hdd. I replaced the HDD with new one with same capacity and same part number. And rebuilding completed successfully. But in the ADU its showing that Plysical hard drive 2 is not stamped for monitoring, which one i replaced. I tried to stammped it but even after stamping the drive same error msg coming in the ADU. And if i run the HP online insight diagnostic for storage its showing that id0 is failed. But physicallly there is no amber led indication on the drive. And in ACU its also showing all the drive and array is good. (The total history is that in the ADU its showing that id1 hdd not stampped for monitoring and in the diag its showing that id0 is failed, but physically there is no amber led indication on the hdd) PSP and server bios and firmware are all upto date.
Pls suggest what to do next..

Bhavnish
Everything is Possible+++
3 REPLIES
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL 380 G3 (HDD Stamping Issue)

Have you tried logging a case with HP?

I would say not much else to do from here besides backup everything then replace drive 0 even though there is no amber light.

From a hardware perspective it could be a HDD backplane or array controller failure that is causing the strangeness.
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

HI PEOPLE I FOUND THE SOLUTION THAT SOME OF MY COLLEQUE TOLD ME TO BOOT THE SERVER FROM SS 7.00 AND FROM ACU JUST DO THE STAMPING OF THE DRIVE. AFTER DOING THE SAME MY ISSUE GOT RESOLVED. I REALLY THANKFUL TO MY COLLEQUE BCOZ ITS MY VERY CRITICAL SERVER.

BHAVNISH
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Thnks